Through-feed Superfinish for Pump Pistons, Shock Absorber Rods & More!
The SF125 is the Thielenhaus machining platform for precision through-feed machining. This platform is designed for centerless superfinish of mass-produced precision parts such as shock absorber rods, pump pistons and other hydraulic or pneumatic pistons.
Throughfeed finishing for high precision applications
- Modular design enables the integration of a flexible number of tape-finish or stone-finishing units
- Each finishing unit can be equipped with a different type of abrasive tool to improve surface finish and geometry; process parameters such as tool feed, oscillation frequency and stroke can be individually set
- Tilted hyperbolic rollers driven by servo motors ensure steady, precise feed of parts through machine
- Oscillation is 100% mass-compensated with up to 1500 DHM
- With stone-finishing units: tool wear is automatically compensated by tool-feed mechanism; worn stone can be replaced with fresh one in < 30 seconds
- With tape-finishing units: continuous tape feed ensures constant fresh tool-supply; fast tape change via quick-release levers
- The machine can be delivered with a variety of loading / unloading systems
with stone and / or tape
Ra ≤ 0.03 µm
Ra ≤ 0.05 µm
Ra ≤ 0.02 µm
Ra ≤ 0.02 µm